Elementary Striking: Strategies for Boxing, Kickboxing and MMA
Jack Slack's second publication, this guide introduces all of the basic concepts of striking and more importantly how to begin applying them against a competent opponent. Covered within Slack's most comprehensive work to date are:
- Basic stances, footwork, defenses and strikes.
- The Intangibles: Methods to create openings to strike from a square on position without taking an angle. These include Milling, Hand Fighting, Foot Traps and Offbalancing, Feinting and the concepts of Closed and Open Guard.
- Establishing a jab - without simply pumping it out at random. The methods herein are the safest way to go about putting the fear of the jab into your opponent.
- Building combinations - how to hurt your opponent once you've got him worrying about the jab.
- Lumberjacking, The Cross Counter and the Drawing Jab.
- How to tie up your opponent both on defence and on offense (with Punch and Clutch)
- Angling - the most effective angling techniques revealed to date. Angling off of the right straight, right hook and left hook in multiple directions.
Advanced Striking: Tactics of Kickboxing, Boxing and MMA Masters
Striking analyst Jack Slack's first publication, this ebook explores the methods of masterful strikers from the three major combat sports; boxing, kickboxing and mixed martial arts. This book, inspired by K. V. Gradapolov's 1947 publication Tactics of the Foreign Masters, is written to educate fans, and to give fighters and martial artists the opportunity to understand and apply the same techniques that make fighters such as Anderson Silva, Badr Hari, Manny Pacquiao and many others so effective.
- 20 Fighters - including the 8 selected by readers at BloodyElbow and the Underground.
-Over 60 techniques, broken down in demonstrative photographs.
-Breakdowns not only of single techniques, but how fighters utilize them together to form a complete game. Such as:
- Roy Jones Jr.'s right hand forward guard and the many offensive options which spring from it
- Giorgio Petrosyan's series of counters after faking a jab to illicit a response.
- Buakaw Por. Pramuk's use of the teep to land more telling strikes later in the match.
NOTE: You will receive a link to the ebook when you have checked out. You will also be emailed a copy of the link as a back up within 12 hours.